STDs Community
Excessive Discharge

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Excessive Discharge

I've had this excessive vaginal discharge for atleast 2 months now.I've went to the Dr's and all my STD testings and HIV/AIDS tests were neg., however I was diagnosed with BV. I was given meds and I took them, but the excessive discharge only subsided for a moment, but now it's back. There is an odor which I believe is foul, but the Dr that I seen (I do not have insurance) claims that all women have their own scent, BUT THIS IS A SCENT THAT I HAVE NEVER SMELLED and I am 26. Also, I have not had sex in close to 5months. Do anyone have an idea what it may be?
It often takes more than 1 round of medication for bv. You need to go back, be seen again and get tested again for vaginitis.

grace
It could be one of two things in my experience with discharge.  A) You could possibly have trichomonas.  If you are not seeing a gyno, your doctor may miss it.   B) This is now your natural flora and smell.  

Could it also be possible that you are noticing a smell because you are so annoyed with the excessive discharge?  There are also women who have chronic BV for unexplained reasons.  Try taking femdophilus to balance your vaginal flora.