STDs Community
Exposure concern

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Exposure concern

I have read a lot of similar posts here but want my instance to be answered jut for my own sanity. A week ago I had protected oral and protected intercourse with an escort. Total time was about 20-30 minutes. What are the chances of contracting a std? I have no symptoms as of yet but mentally I am thinking I am constantly having feelings in my genital area.
please don't hijack this posters post. start your own post if you have questions. if it's a herpes related question, it needs to be asked on the herpes forum.

grace
If it was protected then the only risk is hsv2 or hsv1

Again the only way to contract those is by coming in contact with an open sore. Your risk is still ridiculously low
Not worth testing but if you want wait 3 months and go get peace of mind but expect negative  
I can't begin to tell everyone how helpful this website it. There are so many horror stories on the web and even some information from government websites are doomsday. I know I am most likely paranoid for no reason but my mind won't stop. I have read some of the doctors in this site not that professional escorts normally don't have stds as they test regularly but of course the company will now only say there is no reason or them to be tested be aide they don't offer illegal services. It wasn't a cheap service so I feel it would be upscale. Will never do it again but asking if they are clean isn't a thought after a long night of stupidity and alcohol.
You probably are touching yourself checking for STD all week and have irritated your urerthra. No chance of catching it when protected, quit touching it and relax.
Your last comment made me laugh. Good one. Just out of curiosity of getting infected, i have no reason not to believe some doctors on the pay site but they have said multiple times that even if someone is infected, it is not likely to get infected after one exposure, much less a protected exposure. Thoughts?
The Dr's are right. Getting a STD is more difficult then getting a cold so a 1 time exposure most of the time does not lead to transmission. But we always say use condoms because they work.
No problem,

I have been their personally and the Internet always depicts the worst possible picture, the best thing to do is stay off of those sites. The bottom line is that safe sex is just that, SAFE. Drink plenty of fluids, keep your self busy and trust your test
Thats always the problem with being with the sex trade, always checking and pulling and looking! I think it has something to do with the money, as in a sense, trying to get your monies worth!!
protected oral is no risk for std's.

protected genital sex is a small risk for syphilis, hsv2 and hpv.  unless you have a regular partner to protect, we don't recommend any routine testing just because it was a sex worker.

grace
Excuse me. I would like to take part in this conversation and make a question.

If I had protected sex and the woman had an open sore what are the odds of infection of HSV1 and HSV2?

Thanks a lot
I'm worried because early this afternoon I had sex (it was protected) and I did not paid attention in the woman vagina. I don't if she had an open sore. Do I really have to wait 3 months to test?

Is there any early test that I can do?

I'm worried because I'm married (but I always use condom with my wife, but not for oral sex).

I'm afraid I can infect her.

What are my odds, please?

grace
As my final post on this item, jut to get closure, I am 10 days out and have had no symptoms of anything. Would any of you be worried about anything occurring in the next days or months. I am felling much better that I have nothing but know its too early for an HPV test.

Thanks to all

Thanks to all
Just to get closure, I am 11days out and have had no symptoms of anything. Would any of you be worried about anything occurring in the next days or months. I am felling much better that I have nothing but know its too early for an HPV test.

Thoughts from anyone
Reread what you have been told.
Thanks to all that have responded. Grace had mentioned the only real risk would be HSV1 and HSV2. I am one month out and have had no sores or other signs of symptoms. I have had a bit of tender feeling between my groin and buttocks. Basically where the crease of your leg is at your butt. It does look like a couple of stretch marks but there are no sores or bumps. Given the acts performed, does this even sound like a possible initial symptom of HSV2 or would this even be an area of initial outbreak as I'm a male and this area had no contact with her. This is my final question as I think I am in the clear and just making something of nothing. Seems as though my mind douses on this tenderness.