STDs Community
Extreme Blisters and Cuts from yeast infection

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

A few weeks ago I took antibiotics for a UTI then started the nova ring two days after finishing the antibiotics. The doctor told me that the medicine could give me a yeast infection so I ate yogurt and went about my business. Then over the weekend I had an allergic reaction to a external body lotion (this was not near my vagina) so I took a bunch of Benadryl. I also visited my long term boyfriend for the weekend, we were very sexually active and probably more rough than normal. I returned home on Sunday swollen and with a few tears. I figured I was just rubbed raw but now I am having weird discharge, a ton of pain, super swollen and open sores all over. It looks awful and hurts like you cant believe. On Monday I started taking Monistat 7 which seems to help but I am still in unbearable pain. I am out of state from my doctor right now so over the phone she called in a prescription of a 1 day pill to treat a yeast infection. I took that tonight. I have never had a yeast infection so is it normal to have sores and cuts or should I be concerned this is herpes. I am also wondering when this medicine will beat the yeast infection (if that is in fact it) and how long these sores will take to heal. Please tell me it is not going to get worse before it gets better.
I think you should be seen right away.  It is not unusual for a primary herpes outbreak to be mistaken for a yeast infection.  And many people pass it on without knowing they have it...or without having visible blisters.  But the only way to tell for sure is to see a doctor asap. Sometimes a yeast infection can get bad enough to cause sores or bumps...(I got blisters in my mouth from a severe case of oral thrush) but you really have to see your doctor instead of getting presumptive treatment at this point.