STDs Community
Extreme burning during urination??

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Extreme burning during urination??

I just had unprotected sex a few days ago and yesterday I noticed how it was burning during urination, pretty much 2 days later! TODAY, it has gotten worse even I can barely go the pain is so bad. I figured I contracted an STD but can symptoms come this quick?! Real worried..

Any help is appreciated,
Brandon
Could be a UTI (urinary tract infection). I'd get it checked out, especially if it continues for a couple of days more. Antibiotics like cephalexin can usually nip it, but talk to a health care practitioner to make sure there isn't anything else like an STD going on.
probably a bladder infection, those things KILL when you pee
I am going to check into a physician soon, where do UTIs or bladder infections come from? NOTHING like this has ever happened to me!
Also wanted to ask: isn't it a good sign of not being an STD since the symptoms would be showing some 48 hrs later..?

appreciate the help!
My urine seems completely normal. Tomorrow I have an appt for an STD check, but the results could take up to 4 weeks they said. I can either do a urine test for GONNORHEA (Gonorrhea) and chlymadia, or take a blood test for other things which I dont believe I have, so I am getting the urine test done. I dont have a primary physican and I was dropped off our insurance policy after quitting college, so this is putting me in a difficult bind.. My mom was able to order a prescription [for her but really for me] and I start on this antibiotic tonight. Hopefully it works..This is where I stand =/..
Just wanted to add that UTIs are a somewhat common occurrence for me. (I'm female, BTW.) With every new sexual partner I have, I end up with a UTI from cunnilingus being performed on me. It's just bacteria from my partner's mouth getting into the urinary tract. Always causes burning on urination, and it's taken care of with cephalexin and Pyridium. (Pyridium is a urinary tract analgesic which just helps alleviate the pain - it doesn't do anything for the underlying bacterial infection. For that, you need an antibiotic.)

What's interesting is that once the bacterial infection clears up for me, my system then seems to "adapt" to my partner's oral flora, and I have no further problems with cunnilingus.

So they'll have you pee in a cup and check your urine. UTIs are probably pretty commonplace for many people with new sexual partners.
Thanks so much for the info. An STD check would be a good idea too Im sure. How long do results typically take? This could not be happening to me at a worse time I leave for Las Vegas Thurs morning and I wont be getting the results probably for awhile? I also have to perform well and make a good impression for modeling. Im not going to have much freedom. =|
I'm leaning toward a uti too.  Although they are rare in healthy young men.  Are you noticing any penile discharge?  If not, then it probably isn't a bacterial std.  Regardless, if you are sexually active you may just want to have a complete std screening done.  Just for safety reasons.  Good luck.
It's just some bacteria that gets into your urethra during sex. Unfamiliar bacteria (to your body) from the other person, that's all. You said you had unprotected sex, so this is one very likely scenario.  

Just go to the family doc or whoever you use for your health care, tell them what you told us, and I'm sure if they think it's an STD, they'll want to test you. But my (uneducated, non-medical) guess is that it's a urinary tract infection and some simple antibiotics will take care of it.

Good luck, and report back and let us know what it was.
Well with todays date I am on a UTI medicine, and gonnorhea (Gonorrhea) and chlymadia medicine. I have been for almost a week since I posted last. My symptoms remain with the burn! I also have a really small red dot on my shaft that itches and is a little sore. I just got back into town and havent had a chance to return to the doc. What could I have?!