STDs Community
Extremely scared about std?!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Extremely scared about std?!

Hello,

About a week ago I had an unprotected one-night stand. I went on a night out with my friend and some of her work colleagues and ended up going home and having sex (oral and vaginal) with one of the men she works with. It was a stupid, drunken mistake and it's the first time I have ever had unprotected sex with a complete stranger. I know I didn't have anything before him as I had been in a long term relationship and had a check-up a couple of months ago but I am very anxious that he could have give me something. I'm too afraid to ask him as we haven't spoke since that night and I recently found out he's had a long-term girlfriend for a while! (he told me he was single) this slightly made me less worried, but I don't know anything about this guy, he could be cheating on her every weekend for all I know.
I understand nothing can 100% put my mind to rest until I get a test but I have to wait another week otherwise anything I could possibly have most likely won't show up. Me and my boyfriend are now back together and I'm so scared I could have passed something to him!
I've started to feel slightly sore around the vulva, itching a little more and a little more discharge than usual but I don't know whether I'm just creating symptoms in my own head because I'm so paranoid? I can't stop reading different things on Google and scaring myself. Also I have been washing down there a lot with soap ever since to make sure everything is clean so this possibly could have caused me to get thrush (I have had thrush multiple times from using fragranced soaps etc) I applied thrush cream last night just in case.

Can anybody please help me put my mind to rest a little? I've definitely learnt my lesson :(

Thanks
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Well your not doing yourself any help online looking for symptoms and whatever. Yes you did have a risk and as you said testing is the only way to know. At this point you really can't do much, testing for STD's such as gonorrhea and chlamydia are valid now.
Blank
I would also have them check for Herpes. It is something that they may not know they have and I am not sure if they will test for that unless asked for.  
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Herpes test is at 3 months.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity