STDs Expert Forum
Extremely sensitive penis head after unprotected oral sex

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

About three weeks ago I stupidly visited a massage parlor for the first time.  The woman put my penis in her mouth for about 10-15 seconds, then proceeded to use her saliva to finish me by hand.  Since then my anxiety level has reached epic proportions.  I went to my doctor the next day and he put me on doxycycline as a precaution against chlamydia and gonorreah.  He advised testing for other std's after a 4 week wait period.  The stress was killing me and I confessed to my wife.  About a week after the unprotected oral sex, I developed a sensitivity on the head of my penis in two spots.  One spot was on the ridge of the penis head and it took on a very slight purple coloration and very slight swelling.  The other spot was near the urethra, and this is also purplish with no swelling.  Back to my doctor and he did urine test for urethritis, as well as swab for chlamydia and gon...all came back negative.  It has now been three weeks since the incident and the spot by the urethra has become ultrasensitive and clothing rubbing against it feels like sandpaper. I have noticed no other lesions, bumps, or discharges...but I'm nevertheless scared to death.  I've never had this problem before (the sensitivity and purple color) and I can't accept it's coincidence after having made the biggest mistake of my life.  I've read that it's fairly easy to get Genital Herpes 1 from unprotected oral sex and I'm convinced that I've brought this home to ruin my life and marriage.  I'm scared to death...do you think I have good reason?
For sure neither herpes nor any other STD is the cause.  Your symptoms are most   consistent with anxiety, nothing more. And if a health care provider cannot find an explanation after direct examination, and especially after the (unnecessary) antibiotics you received, you can be sure you have nothing that will ever harm you or your wife.  I truly believe you have nothing to be "scared to death" about (not counting impact on your relationship with your wife).

Good luck--  HHH, MD
I should mention that my doctor wants me to see a specialist on STD's as he's more a "white collar" doctor.  He did see the two purplish spots on my penis, and also felt it was psychosymatic (he can see the anxiety I'm going through).  But I got the feeling his analysis was due more to the fact that my oral exposure wasn't long rather than really knowing.  I'm going to have the rest of the testing by specialist for peace of mind...but is it your feeling that my symptoms are at odds with Herpes?
Re-read the first sentence of my reply.  The additional information doesn't change my opinion.  If your primary doc believes the purple spots are abnormal, I suppose it is reasonable to see an STD specialist--but you can expect s/he won't find any STD.  Not only are your symptoms inconsistent with any STD, the exposure you describe was too low risk to seriously consider the possibility.

HHH, MD
A related discussion, Sensitive Penis was started.
A related discussion, Symptoms sound identical to OP was started.
A related discussion, same thing was started.
A related discussion, the real question was started.