STDs Expert Forum
FEELING SORE IN MY UNDERARMS
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

FEELING SORE IN MY UNDERARMS

Please help. I have been feeling some kind of soreness and discomfort in my underarms for a week or so. When I raise my hand in an angle, I can feel some kind of bumps under my underarms. Can these be my lymph nodes? What does this mean? Can you please tell me what this is? Im really nervous.

And another thing is from time to time I get some kind of stabbing pain in my groin area. Can these 2 be related some how?

My body aches from time to time, usually my back and my knees?> Is this related to anything as well?
Related Discussions
239123_tn?1267651214
There are just too many things that could cause your symptoms for me even to begin to speculate.  Certainly no STD is likely, and HIV doesn't generally present with symptoms like you describe.  Everybody gets various body aches and pains from time to time.  If you are concerned, see a health care provider.

Good luck-- HHH, MD
3 Comments
Blank
Thanks for your response doctor.

Being that I feel like my underarms and my groin area feels swollen, can this be due to anything? Is it normal to feel bumps under my underarms. If they were swollen lymph nodes under my underarms would they generally hurt?
Blank
239123_tn?1267651214
See my original response:  "There are just too many things that could cause your symptoms for me even to begin to speculate."  Self-diagnosis of possible lymph node enlargement or inflammation is never reliable, and I'm not going to help you try to decide whether your symptoms are important or not.  That's what your personal health care provider is for.  Call today for an appointment.

HHH, MD
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker