STDs Community
False Negative?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

False Negative?

I was having unprotected oral sex and protected sex while on business in asia. While there i had wierd sensations in tip of penis. Suspected an std so i went to doctor there and did an urine test along with urine culture test. both came back negative. then a week later i had the same symptoms (no discharge). so i went to a uroligist and he did quick exam of penis everything seemed ok. I was paranoid so i had him give me a shot to ease nerves. I went back stateside thinking everything is ok since i got tested. Started dating my ex again after a long long break. She started complaining of a burning sensation when urinating, white odorless discharge and some discomfort after intercourse. she did urine test and was treated for a yeast infection. Thought everything was ok but 5 months after she tells me she still gets the same symptoms every month but around the time of her period. At this time i had pnuemonia (pneumonia) and was prescribed doxcycline hyclate 100mg 2 x day. I was on 4th day of medication when i took a std and hiv test to be sure. While waiting for results i read online that that antibiotic is used to clear up chlymdia. The one std i felt like had similarities with all the symptoms for us both. All tests came out negative. I also have concerns and will be going to doctor for prostate problems. I am 30 and have been dealing with frequent urination for a while now and had some uti's.
any idea in what the shot the doctor in asia would of given me? so I can look it up? i was nervous and forgot to keep the paperwork.
would being on docycline hyclate for 4 days give me a false negative in std and hiv test?
if i is a prostate infection or problem can it effect my girlfriend?
pls let me know your thoughts thank you
You tested negative there is no way its STD related.. I bet the shot was sugar water you know here have this it will make you feel better... IDK what he possibly could of given you but it must of worked right? Doxycycline will not give you a false negative.. You are good to go.. Your gf is having female issues stop trying to compare them for what you had going on......Besides you tested negative remember?
I hope so! Thanks alienshadow. I just very paraniod and read stuff online that doxcycline would give me a false negative. Also the testing service i used the consultant said i had a valid concern because i was on doxcycline when i took the tests.
Well yes it would have an issue with the test, but it would have cured anything you might have.

I see no reason to think you have a STD. From the test to the medication to the symptoms.
Im confident that i dont have one now. my concern is that i did have one and passed it to her.