STDs Community
False negative for syphilis test!!??

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

False negative for syphilis test!!??

hi there, i had  syphilis test done recently.... it came back negative. i was wondering, i went to the dentist with a gum problem and was precribed amoxicillin a while before the test. would this have cured the syphilis if i had it and given a negative result? i worry because i have a wife... and if i did have it and gave it do her it would be terrible. thanks.
Why would you be worried about syphilis?
i just am...
Well I would need some background info to even know if you tested the correct time frame, if you had a risk or anything like that.
i already know about the appropriate timeline, im just wondering about the effect of amoxcillin. thanks.
Talk with your Dr, we really can't give medication advice due to the lack of a medical degree, we don't want to steer people the wrong way.

If you give me somemore info I can probably assist you better.
but if you dont have a medical degree, you shouldnt give medical adivice...
This site is for medical guidance as we don't diagnosis anyone here. But there are established risks and testing times that we can advise on.

Only advice I can give since your not willing to help me is for you to see your Dr.