STDs Community
False negative?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

False negative?

Would being on Cipro cause a false negative for G/C on Gen-probe aptima urine test?  Advised nurse at PP (prior to test) and said that it would not, and that my results are accurate... But I am still concerned.

Tags: Aptima, false negative, cipro
Also, my "symptoms" (actual or anxiety driven) were still present throughout the taking of the Cipro, and were also present the day of testing - and remained through the receipt of the negative results a week later.

This is all related to what I have been told is a low to no risk encounter, but still want to trust the tests.

you've posted to both HHH and Dr Hook previously about these issues.  why would we tell you anything different from what they've told you?

grace