False positive for gonorrhea possible?
14 days ago I visited my local public health clinic to begin the process to have an IUD inserted as my baby is 9 months old and I wanted longer term protection than the Depo shot could provide.  I'm 37 and want no more children but also am not ready emotionally to have my tubes tied.  One of the tests they preformed was a gonorrhea test, they could not confirm, but "believe" it was the amplification test.  Well, it came back positive.  I have had the same partner for 7 years (my husband) and he insists it has been the same for him which I have no reason to not believe.  I had a negative result in Sept 2011 and May 2012 .  My husband and I are not displaying a single symptom.  

At the time I was tested most recently, I was coughing a lot and therefore having to wear adult protective underwear to avoid an embarrassing situation especially in public which can give me yeast, or even presumably other, infections that go away soon after I am able to resume wearing my normal cotton underpants and no underpants over night.  My partner is going to get tested and I have an appointment to be re tested with another clinic, after which I will gladly begin treatment.  However, I have a difficult time believing this test could be accurate considering the sexual history.  I was told that the test is 98% accurate, but that does allow a 2% margin of error not to mention human error.

As I said before, I have no reason to believe my husband has been unfaithful and I have definitely been faithful myself.  Mutual friends are 100% convinced it's a false positive knowing the both of us, our personalities, and how devoted we are to each other.  Could the use of the adult diapers have altered my body's flora, or maybe even have caused bacterial vaginitis, enough to cause a false positive?  Could it maybe just be part of the 2% margin of error or maybe human error?  Would the antibiotics be safe for nursing?  Can I continue nursing if it is actually positive (knowing that breast milk is a bodily fluid and STD/I's are sometimes passed on simply through bodily fluid and that there is an oral version of gonorrhea)?

repeating your testing is the right next step since you haven't treated yet.

no, your flora wouldn't be disrupted to cause a false positive because of depends.

yes, you can have gonorrhea orally.

you'll need to check with your pediatrician to see if ceftriaxone is safe for breast feeding or not.  

grace