STDs Community
Feces-smelling discharge...PLEASE HELP!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Okay, this has been going on for about 5 months now. I have no idea what started it. There is a horrible smell coming from my vaginal discharge. It literally smells like feces. I have looked up everything there is to look up and it fits NONE of the STD's or vaginal infections. It is NOT fishy in ANY way. It is NOT worse after sex. There is ZERO itching, burning, pain, etc. The discharge has NOT changed color or texture AT ALL. There is just a little more of it. There's also been ALOT of air coming out with it. That has only happened occasionally during or after sex. This is alot, all the time, whenever. And it smells horrible, too. The only thing that sounds even remotely close is a fistula, but I can't believe I'd have one of those. They're usually caused by giving birth and it's been four and a half years since I last gave birth. I don't understand how it can smell sooooo incredibly foul, but have NO other symptoms whatsoever. I have to keep a pad or toilet paper in my underwear at all times or you can CLEARLY smell it through my clothes. It's humiliating. I've been waiting for my insurance to come through, but I'm terrified. Anyone have ANY idea at all of what this might be?
Never heard of these symptoms before. how and what triggered it?  do you have any other ailments? are u on antibiotics? I s the discharge white or any other color?
I'm not sure what triggered it. There didn't seem to be a cause. Just one day at work, I started to notice it felt more wet down there, air started kind of bubbling out, and a horrible smell started. It got worse and worse throughout work and now just keeps happening. For five months. I'm not on any kind of antibiotics and don't have anything else wrong with me. The discharge is clearish white, depending on what time during my menstrual cycle it is, exactly as it should be. It just smells awful. It's so confusing.
You should be seen by a gynocologist.  I know you said you do not have insurance, but maybe you can go to a clinic and pay out of pocket.  Maybe Planned Parenthood or something like that where you can afford to pay the bill?  
I agree, you need seen sooner rather than later. this is something that you should've been seen immediately for.

trichomoniasis is characterized by foul smelling discharge. you also can have many other infections vaginally that are not std related that can really produce an odor too. since these infections can affect your future fertility, you need to follow up on them sooner rather than later.

planned parenthood charges on a sliding scale and can deal with this. if you don't have one near you, call your local health department and ask what your local low cost/no cost options are for being seen.

grace
I called my local health department's STD clinic today and talked with the nurse there. She had no idea what it could be, either. She said the only thing that could be done is to go in and get tested for STD's and other infections and that if I don't have those, then I'd have to go to a normal doctor.  :(  So, I guess I'll just call back tomorrow and make an appt. to be tested. I'm scared to death, though. And I know I should have gone right away, but I kept thinking that maybe it was just an infection I had never read about or something and would clear up given time. Apparently not.
Dont be scared to death.  You're being proactive with your health to make sure there is nothing going on that will cause you long term health effects.  It will be ok, just be seen soon.  
Just wanted to give an update.

I went to the doctor and found out that is was BV, after all. Thank God! Lol. Sooooo great to be done with that. I hope some other women read this one because there seems to be some misconception that BV always has a fishy odor and that's just not true. It can smell like garbage, feces, dead rat's, etc. And of course, fish.  :)  

Thanks, everyone, for replying! I'm a happy woman right now!
Just wanted to give an update.

Can you please tell me what BV is?  Is it bacterial vaginosis?
I have the same symptoms except mine came during the end of my period. it was brown and smelled fisht. i thought it was just my period but it didnt go away and now the smell changed to a feces smell. it itches occasionally but when i have sex the smell is much stronger. I was also a week late on my period and it lasted 9 days bc of brown discharge i thoughr i was still on it.when it normally only lasts 4 days. what is this?
I have been having his same problem I've even googled it before and his is the first time I've come up with anything,. What is BV? I'll go google it, but my smell is just like yours was, out of nowhere and very bad smelling and I shower everyday. It's not my china but the discharge that smells foul. Do I also need to be seen to have this taken care of? What meds did they give you or how do they fix this problem? Please please please any advice you have would be greatly appreciated! This is killing me, it has me terribly depressed to the point where I'm afraid to go out cuz I dont know when the smell is going to pop up or OUT.. And I don't even wanna let my hubby near me.. Please let me know. I was going to leave my email but it says not to. Please respond back.
Person not around anymore, if you have a question start your own thread.
I went to the dr today and got tested. I unfortunately didn't have BV but Trichomoniasis.... Now I'm being tested for clymidia and gonorrohea as well as HIV and si files testing. All this bad smell was an STD. I'm being treated. Thanks for making me motivated enough to get seen by a dr.
I had the EXACT same symptomts and nothing more! Thank you! I went to the doctor and he gave me some creme against BV. I hope it works! But i'm glad that it could be that and not fistula. I've considered that too!