STDS
COMMUNITY
Feces-smelling discharge...PLEASE HELP!!!
by fcw0904, Nov 15, 2011
Okay, this has been going on for about 5 months now. I have no idea what started it. There is a horrible smell coming from my vaginal discharge. It literally smells like feces. I have looked up everything there is to look up and it fits NONE of the STD's or vaginal infections. It is NOT fishy in ANY way. It is NOT worse after sex. There is ZERO itching, burning, pain, etc. The discharge has NOT changed color or texture AT ALL. There is just a little more of it. There's also been ALOT of air coming out with it. That has only happened occasionally during or after sex. This is alot, all the time, whenever. And it smells horrible, too. The only thing that sounds even remotely close is a fistula, but I can't believe I'd have one of those. They're usually caused by giving birth and it's been four and a half years since I last gave birth. I don't understand how it can smell sooooo incredibly foul, but have NO other symptoms whatsoever. I have to keep a pad or toilet paper in my underwear at all times or you can CLEARLY smell it through my clothes. It's humiliating. I've been waiting for my insurance to come through, but I'm terrified. Anyone have ANY idea at all of what this might be?
Member Comments (14)
by stressedtodeath, Nov 15, 2011
Never heard of these symptoms before. how and what triggered it?  do you have any other ailments? are u on antibiotics? I s the discharge white or any other color?
by fcw0904, Nov 15, 2011
I'm not sure what triggered it. There didn't seem to be a cause. Just one day at work, I started to notice it felt more wet down there, air started kind of bubbling out, and a horrible smell started. It got worse and worse throughout work and now just keeps happening. For five months. I'm not on any kind of antibiotics and don't have anything else wrong with me. The discharge is clearish white, depending on what time during my menstrual cycle it is, exactly as it should be. It just smells awful. It's so confusing.
by shaken2core, Nov 15, 2011
You should be seen by a gynocologist.  I know you said you do not have insurance, but maybe you can go to a clinic and pay out of pocket.  Maybe Planned Parenthood or something like that where you can afford to pay the bill?  
by gracefromHHP, Nov 15, 2011
I agree, you need seen sooner rather than later. this is something that you should've been seen immediately for.

trichomoniasis is characterized by foul smelling discharge. you also can have many other infections vaginally that are not std related that can really produce an odor too. since these infections can affect your future fertility, you need to follow up on them sooner rather than later.

planned parenthood charges on a sliding scale and can deal with this. if you don't have one near you, call your local health department and ask what your local low cost/no cost options are for being seen.

grace
by fcw0904, Nov 15, 2011
I called my local health department's STD clinic today and talked with the nurse there. She had no idea what it could be, either. She said the only thing that could be done is to go in and get tested for STD's and other infections and that if I don't have those, then I'd have to go to a normal doctor.  :(  So, I guess I'll just call back tomorrow and make an appt. to be tested. I'm scared to death, though. And I know I should have gone right away, but I kept thinking that maybe it was just an infection I had never read about or something and would clear up given time. Apparently not.
by shaken2core, Nov 16, 2011
Dont be scared to death.  You're being proactive with your health to make sure there is nothing going on that will cause you long term health effects.  It will be ok, just be seen soon.  
by fcw0904, Jan 05, 2012
Just wanted to give an update.

I went to the doctor and found out that is was BV, after all. Thank God! Lol. Sooooo great to be done with that. I hope some other women read this one because there seems to be some misconception that BV always has a fishy odor and that's just not true. It can smell like garbage, feces, dead rat's, etc. And of course, fish.  :)  

Thanks, everyone, for replying! I'm a happy woman right now!
by fcw0904, Jan 05, 2012
Just wanted to give an update.

by unhappy000, Oct 21, 2012
Can you please tell me what BV is?  Is it bacterial vaginosis?