STDs Community
Fever and sore throat after sex...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Fever and sore throat after sex...

So I had oral sex with a guy on Sunday night. Monday at noon I started having a sore throat and later developed a mild fever. Today is Wednesday the sore throat and fever does not go away. I am not sure if these are the signs of herpes or HIV. I am kinda scared and I google it that it will take me week/weeks to test even if I want to.  So is it possible to develop symptom so soon and quick like my situation? Thanks!!
Symptoms do not start that soon and no real risk for HIV from oral sex.
Thanks for the reply. I also want to add that I have some redness (red spots) on my tongue which worries me the most...
I am concerning with herpes more than HIV.
I think I will check with a doctor to see what's really going on.

You wouldn't get herpes symptoms that fast either.

Aj
I just saw the back of my tongue develop some blister like bumps (red dots) and it feels weird but it doesn't hurt. I believe I got herpes not sure about HIV. I am visiting a doctor tomorrow and hope that I will be alright...
Let us know.

Aj
so I went to the doctor today. She said I have no sign of herpes but HIV is possible. I need to do a blood test but have to wait at least 3-6 months to test it. So I am happy at least is not herpes for now...
hopefully is not HIV which I really doubt I have since I had protected sex but you never know...
I'd doubt you have HIV either, and I'm glad to hear it about herpes.

Aj