STDs Community
Fingers inside condoms give STD risk?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Fingers inside condoms give STD risk?

Recently I was in Amsterdam, and there I paid a prostitute for services. First the woman played with herself on my instructions, including fingering her clitoris and vagina. Then, she proceeded to put a condom on my penis. She put the condom on  by stretching it wide open and moved it onto the penis shaft. She put her fingers on _the inside_ of the condom before putting it onto the shaft and began sucking my penis.

After a few seconds I broke off the activity, pulled off the condom and washed my hand s and penis. I am now (perhaps unneccesarily) worried that I might have contracted an STD. It is too early to test, but the mind is powerful and I am afraid this will ruin my life because of the potential consequences an STD has for my current relationship.

I would appreciate professional medical advice on the likelihood that anything was transmitted to my body.
her putting the condom on you was not a risk for anything.

protected sex is a risk for syphilis, herpes and hpv. the risk of any of those from a one time encounter is very low. we only recommend routine testing if you have a regular partner to protect.  since you have a regular partner, you can seek out syphilis testing after 6 weeks post encounter. herpes igg blood testing can be done after 3 months. we don't have commercially available testing to cover the hpv testing base.

grace

grace
Thanks! So I read your conclusion is that there is no risk associated with her putting on the condom even if the previously touched herself and had her fingers on the inside of the condom. If my interpretation is correct, I am reassured (but will anyway test).
correct .