First pap ever came back abnormal
I had my first pap smear done recently just so I could start birth control and it came back abnormal. I had it done at a walk in clinic and they told me they needed to refer me to an actual gynecologist for additional testing. She couldn't tell me much about the results because she said they were unclear. I went to the gynecologist on Thursday and had a colposcopy and biopsy done, as well as a test for a couple STD's. I am extremely stressed about the results, and knowing I have to wait two weeks is killing me. Mostly, I'm stressed because I am still on my parents insurance and they will see the tests that I had done. They do not know I am sexually active and I would like to keep it that way, but now it seems unavoidable. I have no symptoms or anything, no pain, no bleeded, nothing. I am 21 years old and I've only been with three people, and only one of them I didn't use a condom with a couple of times.

I guess I'm just looking for some advice about how to approach my parents and when, and how to cope with any serious results that may or may not come back.

Thanks so much.
give your insurance a call. since you are over 14, you have medical privacy and your parent's aren't allowed to know why you were seen or what you were seen for/tested for.  let them know that you need this done if you think that your parents expect that at 21 you aren't sexually active.  they will talk to you about your HIPAA rights when you call them.

did you have your gardasil shot series done for hpv?

grace