STDs Community
First time unprotected sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

First time unprotected sex

The other week, me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex for the first time - she had never done this before, and neither had I. My question is that is it possible to get an STD if it's both your first time having unprotected sex ever? She's on the pill, and this was also a one off. But any information would be of great help if I may be at risk of an STD/STI. Thanks.
  • STD (2 replies):
    To whom this may concern, i had protected sex over 40 da...[more]
  • Chances of STDs (2 replies):
    What are the chances of aquiring an STD from one unprote...[more]
  • would like to know (2 replies):
    i preformed oral sex on a girl almost 2 weeks ago and ju...[more]
  • Unsure (1 replies):
    One stupid weekend and now im afraid i might have someth...[more]
  • Escort Issues (3 replies):
    I am a 25 year old male from India. I had sex with 6 wom...[more]
so neither of you have had sex or just haven't had unprotected sex?
We've had sex before, but using condoms. This was our first time without condoms.
okay, if neither of you have ever had unprotected sex with any one else then the chance you have an std or her are slim to non.

although protected sex is protected there is a slim chance for skin to skin transmitted STDs such as HSV, syphilis and HPV... but if niether of you have had any signs or symptoms of those I wouldn't worry... However if either of you have ever had unprotected sex with any one else I would suggest testing.
Thanks! We haven't ever had unprotected sex with anyone else before, and the day we did with each other was Sunday 2nd of January - is it too early for signs or symptoms as it's now the 5th of January?
well again you only would have been at risk for HSV syphilis and HPV... This is a low low risk... BUT if you did get one of those it could take a couple weeks to develop symptoms and HPV could take years to even become active. I honestly wouldn't worry about it. If you really are I would just get tested the both of you.
Yeah that's cool :) I was only curious. I plan to have a STD screen test in a few weeks time anyway just in case. But like you say, it's a low low risk, so should be okay!