STDs Community
Fishy smell caught from partner, what is it?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I had an unprotected sex with a new partner (stupid i know), I noticed initially during foreplay her vagina smelled fishy, so I assumed its hygiene so i stopped (made an excuse and asked to do it later). Then later we showered and had intercourse, and a strong fishy smell started coming out of her vagina with as the sex intensified to the point that I had to stop of how foul the smell was. I got up and washed, then never had sex with her again (or with anyone) for the following days.

The problem is however, I seem to have caught this fishy smell, and now no matter how hard i clean and wash whether with soap or anything, the smell just wont go away, and if I masturbate the smells gets really overbearing.

The question is, what is this fishy smell? and how do I get rid of it? is it a typical symptom of any STD? or is it some sort of bacterial infection?

Help please.
Sounds like yeast or BV. See a Dr.