STDs Community
Fissures that wont go away

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Fissures that wont go away

On and off for about 8 months now i have been getting vaginal fissures... When they come they only last about a day tops. I came on here to see if anyone was having the same problems as me (tenderness around vaginal opening, redness, and a feeling of burning skin around the vaginal opening)... it sounded to me like i had a Yeast infection (mainly becasue it doesnt hurt to pee, and i have no rashes etc. ... just the symptoms listed above)... so 3 days ago i went and purchased over the counter med to cure my yeast infection (monistat 3 day with a creame)...all my symptoms have gone away (ie: tenderness around the vagina, redness, and burning skin)... except i still have a fissure and it just came today. I am assuming that it wont last long but i am still sort of curious and a bit worried as to why i still have a fissure (keeping in mind that last night was the last time i had to insert the med... so its only a few hours since my last dose)... do you guys think that it sounds like a yeast infection... and if so how long will it take before i start to notice the fissures to stop appearing randomly?

Oh also i forgot one thing when i had sex 3 months ago with a friend (we used protection) the next day i was very very sore down there and i had little fissures all around the opening between the butt and vagina... does that sound like something that would happen from a yeast infection?
Its been 8 months and you haven't gone to a doctor?  That needs to be your next step.

It might be yeast, it might be something else, but you need to see a doctor for this - 8 months is a long time.

Aj
so its very probable that its yeast... the fissures are gone now... whos to say they wont come back... also after full treatment my symptoms are gone?!?! i dont get it
It is likely it was yeast, and its a good sign if the symptoms don't come back.

However, in a couple of weeks, if things are still calm, then you should go and be tested for other stds, just to be sure.  (I say 2 weeks because you just used the yeast meds.)

Aj