STDs Community
Fistula infection-scar

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Fistula infection-scar

I had a fistula in the anal canal that after surgery got infected. it was cut out however, the healing process left a scar inside my sphincter. It is almost like a ring inside my anus that doesnt want to stretch out. I know that there can be anal dilation done to stretch out the scar tissue but it is a very long and painful process. Now I cannot have anal sex, witch frustrates me and my partner. Is there anything else to treat and widen (the 'ring' in the area of the scar is very tight, probably only one finger comes through) the scar tissue. Please help! :(

This discussion is related to scar tissue removal?.
You posted this yesterday, and I suggested the gastro, men's health or urology forum.

This isn't the correct forum for this, as it has nothing to do with stds.  I also wouldn't have a clue what to advise.

Aj
I also posted it to other forums, but I couldnt fid mens health, also o body answered my questions on other forums... J
Men's Health is here - http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/93

You might also have to post in the expert forum for gastro - http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/107  You do have to pay for this advice - $15.

Its really beyond most lay people's realm of experiences.  I hope you get some help.

Aj

I had the same thing happen to me, and I am extremely frustrated being a gay man! Please let me know if you found a solution! ***@****   Thank you!
Hello Jityb, did you find solution to your problem? I hope so as I am suffering of something similar. Could you share with us how are you feeling now? Thank you so much.

C