STDs Expert Forum
Follow Up Test
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Follow Up Test

Following up on earlier posts. After posting previously about unprotected, receptive oral sex everything is looking great. Tests for std's at 22 days all came up negative. Just did a follow up test at 6 weeks for HIV and syphilis which both came back "non reactive". I have been to a providers office to review the original test results. Are the results from the 6 week mark an absolute negative for HIV and syphilis? I have a doctors appointment next week but am curious. I ask because there is a reddish oval mark on the head of my penis which does not hurt that I think looks like it is starting to deepen. This has me worried but that is what I am going to the doctor for. Is it possible to have a chancre and test negative for syphilis? Thanks for your previous responses as they have been helpful.