STDs Expert Forum
Follow Up Test

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Follow Up Test

Following up on earlier posts. After posting previously about unprotected, receptive oral sex everything is looking great. Tests for std's at 22 days all came up negative. Just did a follow up test at 6 weeks for HIV and syphilis which both came back "non reactive". I have been to a providers office to review the original test results. Are the results from the 6 week mark an absolute negative for HIV and syphilis? I have a doctors appointment next week but am curious. I ask because there is a reddish oval mark on the head of my penis which does not hurt that I think looks like it is starting to deepen. This has me worried but that is what I am going to the doctor for. Is it possible to have a chancre and test negative for syphilis? Thanks for your previous responses as they have been helpful.
You have posted several times to both Dr. Handsfield and me.  Our answers have been consistent.  Your exposure was close to no risk to start with and after negative tests became truly no risk.  This is still that answer to your questions regarding your risk - with negative tests at 6 weeks following the exposure you described, there is simply no way you have an STD (including syphilis) or HIV.  You have nothing to worry about.  I hope the doctor you have an appointment with is a dermatologist because a dermatologist is the person you are most likely to get an accurate answer as to what this non-STD lesion is

EWH