STDs Community
Follow up to Curious if I should be 100% sure it's HSV.

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

This was for  H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.

My original string of questions was at http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Curious-if-I-should-be-100-sure-its-HSV/show/1867275#post_8656634

I was waiting for my 16 week follow up test for HSV1+2(4 weeks away) when a rash on my penis tip seemed to have developed and scabbed over, meaning there was puss inside. It wasn't very clear. Regardless, 5 days after I had seen that I have also seen another pimple like whitehead (one milimeter in diameter at the inside edge of my meatus. There is no pain when urinating.

A urologist perscribed Nystatin and Triamcinolone, not knowing if it is herpes or a fungal infection. I am waiting for the IGG HSV1+2 results (5 days away)

I'm curious if there is any insight on this?
Since a sign has come back since what I thought was my original OB...is it herpes for sure?
Dr H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.said I should be fairly certain it isn't HSV.
Could it be caused by yeast in the vagina from that previous encounter?

If anyone could help I'd be extremely greatful. If you don't want to check my previous post I'll gladly clarify.

This discussion is related to Curious if I should be 100% sure it's HSV..