STDs Community
Food VS symptoms timeline question

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Food VS symptoms timeline question

For foods/activities that worsen or trigger candida or herpes what is the average time frame? For example: if I were to drink a large amount of soda and had a candida problem or penile thrush, how long would it generally take to feel the effects that the sugar in the soda took on my body. Or another one: if I were to have genital herpes and eat a bunch of nuts and drink coffee and it triggered an outbreak, when would the outbreak be?

I'm very curious about this, will someone who has/has had one of these two please comment back and tell me their experience?
for the vast majority of people who have genital herpes, there are no food triggers. the lysine/arginine theory was disproven years ago.  be careful what outdated/inaccurate websites you visit that still try to convince you you have to eat a certain way and/or take vitamins/supplements for herpes.  

high sugar diets can trigger yeast overgrowth but for most healthy people, that isn't an issue. once again, be careful what sites you visit. really no reason to do a yeast cleanse or anything like that.  many things like that actually harm your body by disrupting your normal protective flora that builds up over time in your body.

if you have symptoms, be seen and get them looked at.

grace
Thank you Grace! That's one less thing to worry about. I'm finding out that the internet is an incredibly difficult place to find solid and reputable information, especially for someone who is anxious and/or suffering and desperate to reduce symptoms.
I will not be home for a month or two, and am looking for a way to minimize my discomfort until I can be seen by a doctor and figure this out. I've been using a mixture of anti-fungal cream, very diluted oil of oregano and diluted tea tree oil externally, as well as raw garlic internally to try to ease this mystery irritation for the time being.
Are these examples of the false supplements that you're mentioning, or should I continue my use of these if they seem to be helping?