STDs Community
Fungal infection? or worse

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Fungal infection? or worse

If anyone can help please:
I have had now for 5 wks a burning sensation in my groin, penis is sensative to touch and sore - does burn for a period afte urination - other symptoms although may be down to my anxiety are burning sensations in legs shins and feet. At week 4, I developed a rash this was looked at at the GUM who advised was dry skin (i was washing upto 6 times a day generaly to cool the area - maybe this didnt help) the rash stread to the gland (raised red bumps which spread over the head and foreskin and then started looking like a rash 'blotchy') - at this stage my Dr said this is Thrush and prescribed a suitable cream - previous to this at the GUM I had the usual screens which came through clear - Must admit Im absoluteley frightened of Herpes - but have been told I dont have any blisters or symptoms even at 5 weeks - The GUM had inspected me and looked at all I had to show on 4 occations now - feel Im waisting thier time now - now looking for symptoms all the time - just got a couple of lumps on my roof mouthand feel weak and Im back in that dark area again.
So I guess - 5 weeks of these burning sensations and this week the rash developed - are these indicative of a fungal infection (this is quite common?) - and should I start believeing the things the GUM and Dr are telling me.
Would appreciate your help on this  - Im getting worried
Should of also mentioned/included so to include everything -At the start I did wash several times with shower gel down their to make sure I was clean, and almost within 10 mins the burning started to develop at the tip before more generally in the  penis - this was after a contact 30 mins before.
look forward to your help/comments

Really no reason to be inspecting any body parts like you are at this point. sounds like you are just adding to your anxiety needessly by doing so.   washing more than once daily also isn't necessary. don't use a scented shower gel in the genital area either - just plain white dove soap or similar product ( pretty sure they have dove in europe ).

if you treated for fungus for a full week without a change in symptoms, perhaps a dermatologist is a better consult than the GUM clinic at this point.

grace

doesnt sound like herpes then? - thats my worry? or any other STI? would like your thoughts on this
couldnt understand why Ive had the burning sensations for 5+weeks - will continue with the caninstan (day 3 now)
thanks
we already discussed how it doesn't sound like herpes in your prior post in the herpes forum.