STDs Expert Forum
GC/STD risk
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

GC/STD risk

I had unprotected oral and protected vaginal sex with a CSW about 4 weeks ago. Condom broke and quickly replaced.2 weeks and 1 week ago had protected oral and vaginal with different CSW without incident. Had mild white DC 4 days ago and given 1.5 grams of azithromycin 2 d ago. Then read  2 g was better. Do I need to do anything different now?
300980_tn?1194933000
Welcome to the Forum.  It is difficult to know what may have caused your penile discharge. More than three weeks had passed when your discharge appeared and that would be a long time for most STDs to appear.  Your more recent exposure was condom protected. making it essentially no risk for gonorrhea, chlamydia or NGU.  Thus your discharge may have been due to an STD or may have been due to something else, even normal penile secretions.

The treatment you took would certainly cure chlamydia, NGU and most but perhaps not all gonorrhea. At this time, it is unlikely you have any STD however if you wish to be completely sure, you should be checked with a test for gonorrhea at least.  If it is negative I would not worry at all.  EWH
6 Comments
Blank
I have a couple of follow-up questions:

1. Would the azithromycin interfere with a test?
2. How long will symptoms last if 1.5 mg is adequate?
3. Should I take a 2 g dose of azithromycin?

Thanks
Blank
I also have had prostititis
Blank
300980_tn?1194933000
These follow-up question, and your prostatitis make do difference in my recommendations.  Please re-read them.  I do not recommend further treatment if you do not know you are infected (and it is unlikely that you are).  EWH
Blank
Went back to MD and told testing would not be reliable with 1.5 g of zpak. Was given another 1.5 zpak (so I got 1.5 g and then 1.5 again 4 days later). Would this cover CG and NGU?
Blank
300980_tn?1194933000
I have nothing more to say to this redundant question.  Please re-read my earlier answers.  EWH
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
300980_tn?1194933000
Edward W Hook, MDBlank
University of Alabama at Birmingham
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank