STDs Community
Gave unprotected oral sex. std risk?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Gave unprotected oral sex. std risk?

Hello. On Saturday, I gave and received unprotected oral sex from another man. He claimed he was disease free though he came a little bit in my mouth before I could spit it out and I'm super worried. I made myself throw up about 15 minutes afterward. I've gotten the chlamydia and gonorrhea test and they also did a blood draw for hiv, though it's too soon to detect probably. What are my chances of getting hiv and other stds?

This was my only encounter with a man, and I have previously been in exclusive, monogamous relationships with women.
So, HIV is not a risk. At all? What if I had lesions since I brushed my teeth 30 minutes beforehand since I was ignorant about those risks. What if I didn't throw up soon enough?

Sorry, panicking a bit here.
You can throw HIV out the window as is not even an option to contract.
Not proven yet, anyway. :)

Yes, that's how mine, and i assume everyone's mind is working right now.
Fair enough. I panicked and got tested anyway, and everything was negative. Of course it's too soon for hiv, but you've alleviated my concerns on that end. Hopefully that means I can get back to regular life soon.
I just can't be confident of the guys status. It was a cl ad, one where I forgot to mention I was std free. He offered that he was dd free in initial embark, without me asking. He was older and mentioned he hasn't done this since college, which would be 20 years ago for him.

I know I'm wasting money, but I'm in a relationship and want to be sure. Even the 1:10000000 chance isn't reassuring me. Three is no logic to be had here, even for a highly educated person. Know what I mean?
Ok then test and i do know what you mean. Then you might as well test for syphlilis and herpes and HPV also. Go the panal test.
So I got the urine test for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia, both negative. And a blood test, which was for HIV and (I assume?) other blood indicated STDs. Does that suffice, or do I need to be sure to test for syphilis specifically?

Also, do you know how common syphilis is to be transmitted this way? I didn't notice any sores (and i looked)