General question about Syphilis
Hi there,

Have posted here before, about a year or so ago.If it's okay, I'd like to ask a general question regarding Syphilis please. My situation has now changed somewhat and I've come out at the cost my prior relationship, just a little freaked out now.

The initial syphilis sore, would it appear on the area that had had direct physical contact with the infected area on the other person, for example; giving oral sex if one was to become infected with Syphilis the sore would appear on the lips or in the mouth.

Also, would the sore appear to be open and appear to be "wet" like other ulcers?

I'm asking because I kissed another guy 5 weeks ago at a gay club (we were both clothed) and have been to a sauna a couple of times, but not had any other contact than being kissed\touched on the chest etc,  and have since noticed a small spot\bite\sore on my shin. It did scab up after a couple of days, but in the interim I've been picking at it and clean picked the scab off at least twice.

I spoke to someone at the THT today and they said that it wasn't and that in any case any infection would present with a sore within 2-4 weeks of infection.

Thank you.
Yes the sore would appear when contact was made.

Kissing is not going to give you syphilis. And sores happen at about 3 weeks, so that 2-4 week is a solid time table.
Vance,

Thank you so much. So I pretty much be confident that I am okay. Excellent. Thank you so much.