STDs Expert Forum
Genital Discomfort

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Genital Discomfort

I had sex 6 days ago with a girl i did not know.  I used a condom or oral sex and then very brief vaginal sex.  I stopped and then she finished my off with her hand with no condom.  Since then i have been feeling some discomfort in the urine canal.  There is no discharge that i can tell and there is no burning when i urinate.  The discomfort comes and goes, when i don't think about it i feel no symptoms.  When i think about it and become aware of how my penis is feeling it becomes quiet real. I went and got an std test a few days ago and should have the results this week.  Just hoping you can shed some light on what it sounds like, i'm worrying myself silly.
This sounds like nothing more than genitally focused anxiety.  That's my own terminology, but I have found it useful over the years.  You get the idea, since you raise it yourself.  The absence of symptoms when you're not thinking about it is strong evidence against an STD.  Anyway, no STD causes such symptoms, without discharge and/or discomfort when urinating.  Almost certainly you are conflicted about the sexual encounter, nothing more. Of course see a provider in person if the symptoms persist or you remain concerned.  But I see no need for STD testing.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
If there was a discharge, how could i tell?
You would see discharge.  It's hard not to notice abnormal mucus or pus dripping from the penis, and/or staining the underwear.  Usually there is also pain or irritation when urinating.
Trust me, you would notice. If you start to look for it, you'll probably just get some normal discharge to appear if you keep squeezing your penis.
And this will only freak you out for nothing. Just let it go.
I'm almost sure that there is some discomfort in the urine canal.  But like i said no discharge and no pain when urinating.  Is it possible to still have chlamydia? Could my symptoms describe another issue other than STD?  I did have a scare like this last summer and it turned out to be an infected prostate but abviously there was discharge and pain during urination.  

By the way, thank you doctor for taking the time to awnser all of our questions! You are truely providing a service that makes peoples live better.
You came here for reassurance.  I gave it.  I don't care if you accept it or not, but please don't argue about it.  If you remain concerned despite what I have said, feel free to see a provider.  No online source can give you definite answers.
I apologize if i seemed arguementative, this was not my intent.  I apprecaite your adivice and it did give me comfort.  I have seen a provider and i have one final question.

My encounter happened on a sunday night, on tuesday i went to the free clinic and they sent me away saying i needed to wait 6 or 7 days until i could get tested.  However i got tested by my primary care on thursday which was only 4 days after and everything came up clear.  Did i wait long enough for an accurate test?
Gonorrhea testing is valid 2 or more days after exposure, chlamydia probably OK after 3-4 days.  (Blood tests for other STDs need to be after at least 4-6 weeks, but such infections aren't an issue in regard to your symptoms.)