STDs Expert Forum
Genital Herpes/warts

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Genital Herpes/warts

Dear Dr.
I did something stupid the other day.  Four days ago, I was with a CSW, in Argentina. She started oral sex on me with a condom on. That was for a very short time.  I then proceeded to masturbate myself between her breasts. At first with the condom on.  Then I went between her legs and watched her masturbate and fingered her in the anus as she was masturbating.

After that I put my penis between her breasts again without the condom on.  I used some lotion and she put her hands over her breast as I was running my penis between them.  Her hand was then touching my exposed penis.  This went on for a few minutes.
Then I turned her over and rubbed my penis between her *** cheeks and masturbated myself to ejaculation.

The next few days my penis is sore at the urethra, and I have a tingling sensation in my scrotum.  At no time did I penetrate her vagina, or her anus.  ie., no anal or vaginal intercourse.  However, I did insert my finger in her anus while she was masturbating and I did touch my penis to her butt and rubbed it there for a few minutes.

My question:  1. Since you can acquire genital herpes and genital warts from just skin to skin contact, is it possible I have acquired either of those because of this?  What would explain the tingling in my scrotum and the pain in my urethra a day or two later?

2. What about other STI's?   Certainly she could have had some vaginal fluids on her fingers, and then she rubbed it on my penis while I was rubbing it in between her breasts.

3. After fingering her anus I did wash my hands, but is it possible I could have come in contact with a herpes sore or lesion that was up in her anal canal?

4. What are the odds that I will get herpes or genital warts from this encounter?

Welcome to the Forum.  The activities you describe were very, very low risk for all STDs.  Of possible STDs you might be at risk for, only herpes and HPV are spread by direct contact with lesions or infected skin.  The chance of infection occurring from such contact however is quite low an unless you develop lesions is not something to worry about.   In answer to your specific questions:

1. Since you can acquire genital herpes and genital warts from just skin to skin contact, is it possible I have acquired either of those because of this?  What would explain the tingling in my scrotum and the pain in my urethra a day or two later?
See above- unlikely.  If your tingling were due to HSV, you would develop lesions in the area where you were tingling.  

More common an typical STDs such as gonorrhea, chlamydia and NGU require penetration for transmission.  They are not transmitted with any reasonable frequency by touching, rubbing, fingering, or on a person's hands.

No. If you had gotten herpes it would be on your finger, not another locations.

Very, very low.  Too low to worry about.  

I hope these comments are helpful.  EWH