Genital Wart or not?
My husband has had a history or warts on his feet, hands, elbow and arms - and recently discovered what he thought was an infected hair on his penis.  When he went to the urologist the doctor said that if it was a wart it could only be genital warts, but it was hard for him to exam it since my husband tried to remove what he thought was a hair (found only skin and what looked like every other wart he'd ever had).  Is it true that if a wart in on the penis it can only be genital warts?
well all warts come from the HPV virus. Just different strains. So yes it can be "gental warts" but it could have been passed from himself.
thank you!  His urologist told him it could only be genital warts - I just couldn't help but think that it was possible to be the same kind of wart he gets on his elbow, foot, etc.  Is it possible to spread that?
As far as I know it is. Try posting in the HPV community, see the link above. They should have some better info for you there.