STDs Community
Genital Wart or scar?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Genital Wart or scar?

Hey there,

So a few years back I was diagnosed with genital warts. I did exactly what I had to do as far as treatment goes. I got the biopsy, then got treatment. Every now and then I go back to the clinic and get a check up t make sure that no warts are returning. My problem is that I freak out every time I see some sort of tiny little bump or whatever down there. The doctors usually tell me that I'm crazy(in a funny way) and that they are glad that I am cautious. I had a wart removed on the lower back part of my shaft a while ago and now it looks like there is scar tissue there. It has the shape of the wart that was there but is very soft and looks flat when the skin is pulled back or if my penis is erect. I also shave down there with a razor and it never bleeds or anything like that, but I am wondering if that maybe has something to do with it. Am I freaking out again? Do genital warts leave scar tissue like this? Are my warts returning and/or do warts return? What would the genital wart scar tissue look like?