STDs Community
Genital Warts

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Genital Warts

Back in September my partner at the time told me he had genital warts and when I went to my doctor everything was fine, I didn't catch anything off him.
    However, I went back a few weeks ago to get my routine smear test and my doctor told me I have internal genital warts. She explained everything to me about them but she said there's is nothing I could take to clear them up because they're internal, instead she said I need to eat a healthy diet, reduce my intake of alcohol and get plenty of sleep.
   I just want to know if there's anything I could take to get rid of them because I am just worried if I do everything my doctor told me to do that they still don't clear up and spread.
I also got the results back from my smear test and my doctor told me I have an adnormal cell count. Does genital warts effect the smear test?
I'd appreciate any feedback about it because I feel my doctor didn't explain it that well to me and I am getting worried it will get worse.

Thank you
Ok.  I have HPV.  There is no cure.  However, changing your diet will help clear them up and keep them from forming again.  Yes, it is possible for the warts to cause you to have an abnormal pap.  There are some forms of HPV that are suspected to lead to cervical cancer.  Now, before you get scared, this can be prevented as well.  

I kept up with my appointments and now I have not had an abnormal pap in  5 years!  It was suggested by my midwife when I was pregnant that increasing folic acid intake helps keep the warts away.  You will be fine as long as you keep up with your appointments and take your doctor's advice.