STDs Community
Genital wart on scrotum?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Genital wart on scrotum?

I am a 19 year old male. I've been sexually active since 14. I am scared I have a wart on my scrotum. This is what happened.

- I woke up with a bug bite type sore.
- I picked at it a little.
- I went to the doctor after basically mutilating my skin but it was almost completely healed but it left a scar like bump.
-my doctor took a look and said it wasn't an STD or a wart but looked like a virus that will go away in a month or two. She also told me most likely it's just healing skin from a bug bite. Advised me to apply neosporin.
- for a couple weeks the skin kept coming off in the shower and it wasn't healing right and I basically tried everything. Neosporin, bacterian, alchohol, and peroxide.
- it healed and now the skin doesn't look right at all.
- there's a single red bump there now. But I just picked at it so now it looks dreadful again.
- should I bother my doctor again?
- also I got bloood and urine tested, all came back normal. She seemed confident I don't have any stds.
- the affected area is 3 mm in size.
If this was warts wouldn't it have spread by now? Wouldn't the doctor had known? I think I might have ruined the skin.
Genital warts is a strand of HPV.  It will show up in an STD test.   HPV is sexually transmitted so if your doctor is certain you don't have any STDs then you probably don't.  From what you have explained about what you have, it does not at all sound like genital warts but maybe some sort of infection from a bug bite or something similar that is just having a hard time healing.  If you are really worried about it, then I would call your doctor and see if maybe you need an antibiotic to help it heal.  I hope this helps!  Good luck!
Thank you. Ya my doctor said it wasn't an STD. But I'm kind of really scared of stds. I had sex while me and my gf were broken up with a girl that said she's had sex with like 17 people. This scares me. I got blood and urine taken and nothing came up. Basically the skin healed completely but was red and flaky. It also felt kind of calous like. I see my gf who I really care about in a couple of months and I don't want to hurt her. I wish I never had sex with that girl...... I think it's scar tissue but I'm kind of a sissy when it comes to diseases. Do you think that if it was warts they would spread?
To be honest, I have that myself.  They can spread but what you have explained is nothing like what I have!   Genital warts is like multiple skin tags (at least that's the way I know best to explain it)  You can have warts but not actually see them, but again, I feel pretty strongly that you don't have them!  Ever since I got this strand of HPV, it has always shown up in a blood test!  You can relax and trust your doctor on this one!  It is even possible that you may have gotten a pimple or something like that and it is just having a hard time healing!  I would not be worried that it is caused by an STD.  It sounds completely harmless and unlike any STD. Good Luck!