STDs Expert Forum
Genital warts - burning and tingling?
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Genital warts - burning and tingling?

I think I finally need to take care of this and see a doctor, I've been living with these symptoms for 3 years now.   I'm fairly certain I have genitial warts, symptoms showed up 3 years ago, about 1.5 years after I had had sex with anyone other than my wife.  And roughly coincided with the end of a period of significant weight gain.  I first noticed them as a cluster at the side near the base of my penis.  I also had several whitish bumps on my scrotum, none of them appreared wet or had any fluid.  In the following months I started to get warts in the places I sweat (mostly under armpits and a few on the inner part of my elbows as well as one on my jawline, all very small and singular except the ones in my armpits).  I continue to get what I believe are warts on my scrotum and area around my penis (very rarely on the penis itself).  I also have an itching sensation anywhere these warts are.  I also have some urethral pain that I don't feel when urinating, but if I have an erection and apply some bending pressure it doesn't seem to feel like it did before the other symptoms showed up.  Sometimes when the warts are growning they will appear reddish, but not with any fluid and they don't ever go away once the redness subsides.  I have self cryro removed a couple of them with over-the-counter wart products.  The last symptom I have which doesn't seem to be in most of the descriptions of gw is a burning, fairly sharp pain that lasts maybe 1 second then goes away.  This happens several times a day every day.  What I'm wondering is, does this burning/stinging sensation acompany warts sometimes?  I've thought about the possiblity of it being herpes, but it doesn't ever go away (the sensation or the warts).  Also, I read there is a new product, Veregen, now available,  how much does this cost? is it usually covered by insurance?  any reports as to how well it works?

Thanks