STDs Community
Genital warts or something else?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Genital warts or something else?

I'll start where my problems began. About a month ago, I had sex with a new partner. Afterwards my vagina became very itchy, swollen, and it hurt to sit down or even walk. We used a condom, but I had used this kind before, so I know I am not allergic. Due to the itchy feeling, I believed I had a yeast infection (I've had one before). I went to see my gyno and she agreed that it was a yeast infection and prescribed me a pill for it, as well as took a culture. The swelling began to go down, and within a few days the doctor called and said that my culture had come back negative (meaning I did not have a yeast infection). However, since my symptoms had almost completely gone away, I didn't think anything of it. Fast forward to a few days ago, while washing myself down there in the shower, something didn't feel quite right. I checked down there with a mirror and saw that I had developed some small bumps down there. I'll do my best to describe them in complete detail. There are a few on either side of my vaginal opening and some smaller ones below. They are flesh-colored and smooth, the same color and texture as the normal skin around them. They are a little itchy, but nothing compared to an actual yeast infection. I've been monitoring them for a few days now and they haven't increased in number or in size. I have had unprotected sex in the past, so it is possible that it's genital warts, but the bumps I have don't look like any pictures I've seen online. They're not half as terrifying as most of those pictures, but they're not exactly attractive either. I can't go back to the gyno about this because I'm on my parents insurance and in the event that I DO have an std, I really can't have them finding out. I'm driving myself crazy wondering what this could be, anyone have any similar experiences or ideas?
Oh and I thought I should also include that I have not had any unusual discharge or odor down there. My only symptoms are the bumps and slight itching.
Blank
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703