STDs Community
Girl says she has herpes

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Girl says she has herpes

A girl that i slept with unprotected for 6 weeks this summer with no issues called me last week and said that I might have given her herpes. She says she went to the Gyno. She has 5 or 6 small red bumps on the lips of her vagina and that her vagina is swollen, red, and hurts. We had very dry rough sex last weekend without lube.(She usually dries out very quickly)  Probably 7-10 times over the weekend. She said her vagina hurt a little the day after and got worse as we kept having sex over the weekend. She has no flu symptoms and does not have swollen glands. Her gyno said she has a 50% chance of having herpes. I have never had symptoms of herpes. I went to my doctor right after she told me and her checked me out. (he is an std specialist) He says i have no signs of a breakout and did not have swollen lymph nodes. He told me the vast majority of his patients can remember their first breakout and the fact that i have never had a breakout is very reassuring. He did the tests for all std's including herpes.

I keep trying to tell myself that this cannot be happening. We also had vaginal and oral sex throughout the weekend and she nor I got a sore on our mouth. What's going on here? Thanks.
Tags: swollen, test
ok very low risk, i doubt u have herpes get tested now 6weeks are reliable.
Avatar n tn
I slept with her for 6 weeks and then she left for school. She came back and we slept together for a weekend. She called me 5 days later and said she had those symptoms.
Avatar n tn
Also. The last time we had sex was sunday. She said she developed 5 "sores" on her labia and then healed the exactly a week later.
Geez louise buy some lube!!!  If I had unlubricated sex 10 times in a weekend I'd be celebrating I mean I wouldn't be able to walk or pee properly for a week.  Be kind to her girlie parts!!  So many different lubes out there to help with this issue.  

I'm wondering what sort of std specialist you saw because to me - he sounds like he's full of you know what. First of all - the research clearly shows that the vast majority of folks who have hsv2 have no idea that they have it until they are tested for it with type specific blood tests.  This has been shown time and time again in country after country after country!!  Also the vast amount of herpes infections are transmitted when there are no symptoms in the infected partner. You can't even tell by looking at someone's genitals if they have herpes or not unless they are having an obvious ob at that time.  You need to get yourself a type specific herpes igg blood test for hsv1 and hsv2.  I can help you with the test results ifyou need it.  Also how is your gf getting tested for herpes?  A lesion culture and/or a blood test?  If it's just a lesion culture an igg herpes blood test for hsv1 and hsv2 is also a good idea to try to figure out if indeed this is herpes if it's a newly acquired infection for her or just her first obvious reactivation of a prior infection.  

grace
Avatar n tn
She got the herpes cultures done.