STDs Community
Girlfriend Getting Tested... Cheating?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Girlfriend Getting Tested... Cheating?

OK, so, after reading my question, you may realize it seems that I am not in dire need of an answer, or it may seem that I'm not even in direct need of medical counsel. If you believe so—or that my question is petty, immature, or unnecessary—then I'm sorry I wasted your time, and you need not answer. Just a quick back story to help you understand where my question comes from: I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend (I'm male, by the way.) for a little over two years, and I've got a sneaking suspicion she may be cheating, or may recently have cheated on me. As far as what's been revealed, she hasn't had sex with anyone since before we were dating, but we've barely had sex in the last few months—it may have even been almost two months since the last time we did (I realize this is an unhealthy relationship, and will most likely soon end either way, but I'd just like the question to be answered for peace of mind, and possibly to safeguard myself from catching something). Also, importantly, she has had consistent history with cancer cells somewhere in her reproductive system (not sure exactly where, cervix maybe?), and has had to go get screenings once or twice a year, and has had surgery for it once in the three years she's known she had it. Now, the question: yesterday, I guess she accidentally left out a bill from a medical lab that I couldn't help but notice. There were $800 in tests, comprising of "Trachomatis AMP Probe, Neisseria AMP Probe, Trichomonas Vaginilis AMP, Pathologist Review, and Surepath PAP." She didn't tell me she was going in for testing—although, that wouldn't be too abnormal—but I'm just trying to gauge whether or not I'm at risk, and whether she actually cheated. Is this combination of tests common for some sort of routine gynecologist appointment? If her appointment was initially intended to monitor the cancer cells, would the gynecologist perform these tests? Or, are these tests normally only performed if a woman either has symptoms, or has slept with someone and worried that she may have an STD? She is an avid hypochondriac, and has an extreme fear of HIV, so I'm not sure if she gets these tests several times a year... Could this specific combination of tests just be a method for her to alleviate these hypochondriatic ailments? Also, are these tests just a basic broad spectrum of what a gynecologist would test for when a woman has slept with someone unreliable (meaning, is this basically testing for everything, or are these test for diagnosing a more specific, selective infection—revealing that she may have specifically known that she had a specific infection, rather than just going in and getting tested for anything that may be possible)? Also, finally, do these tests include ALL possible STDs? I know that she has extreme anxiety toward HIV and Herpes, and don't really think she'd get tested and not include all possible STDs if she was worried she had caught something. I'm real hurt, confused, scared, and worried, and I realize that most of the basis of my inquiry isn't really "medical" related—and is more of a relationship issue, but I really do want to safeguard myself from getting an infection, and I want to cure myself of the mental anxieties that this whole situation is causing me as well. Sorry for the length, and if you've read all the way through this: thank you for your time and patience. Any and all input will be helpful and much appreciated.
She did not test for all STD's looks like it from a swab test and only a few were tested for. And the major ones of chlamydia and gonorrhea were not. I would not say this is a sign she cheated.
Well, I thank you for your attempt at commenting, but most of what you've said is wrong. I listed five tests and one of them, Trachomatis AMP Probe, tests specifically for Chlamydia, while another one of the tests, Neisseria AMP Probe, specifically tests for Gonorrhea.
yes she was tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea, trich as well as just a routine pap test. As to if she was tested because she requested that or if that is the routine for the clinic she was tested at, I advise you to sit down and have a difficult conversation with her.  

if she has had other partners, you should then cover your own bases with std testing at the proper times. chlamydia, gonorrhea, trich and ngu after 1 week after you last had sex with her, syphilis after 6 weeks, herpes, hiv and hepatitis after 3 months.

not sure of your age but have you had your gardasil shots yet?

grace