STDs Expert Forum
Giving Oral Sex causes canker sores
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Giving Oral Sex causes canker sores

My wife is complaining of getting canker soars every time she performs oral sex on me.  Is there anything I can check or do to prevent this from happening.  

There appears to be nothing wrong with my geneitals.

Thanks
Related Discussions
239123_tn?1267651214
I have never heard of this and have no explanation.  My first guess is that the events are not in fact associated except randomly; there is a very powerful psychology that attributes adverse events to whatever seemed to precede them.  Before I accepted the assertion, if you were my patient I would ask you and your wife to keep a written diary of the exact times of fellatio and onset of canker sores for at least 2-3 months--then would analyze the diary before assuming it isn't random.  Another useful approach might be to use condoms consistently for oral sex for a couple of months and see if the canker sores continue.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.  Good luck--   HHH, MD
2 Comments
Blank
She is probably inadvertently biting her inner cheek/lip and/or the abrasion of the teeth against the cheek/lip is cutting the skin, causing canker sores.  People who are prone to canker sores get them almost every time they have trauma to the inside of their mouths.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank