Giving Oral Sex with Condoms
Hi Dr.

I gave oral sex to a man but he wore a condom. The act lasted for about 15 minutes.  I made sure I sucked the part of the penis with the condom all the time.

I would like to know what are the risks (high risk, low risk, zero risk) for the following STDs:

1) HIV
2) HPV
3) HSV-1 & HSV-2
4) Gonnorhea
5) Chlamydia.

Thank you in advance for you reply.

Jay
Welcome to the forum.  Thanks for your question.

Even without a condom, the risk from oral for all the STDs you mention is very low.  With a condom there is no chance:  zero risk for all.  You do not need testing for anything, and if you have a regular partner you can safely continue unprotected sex with that person.

In case you are interested, here is a link to a thread that discusses condom effectiveness for all STDs (although it is primarily oriented to vaginal or anal sex, not oral):

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/How-safe-are-condoms-when-used-correctly/show/665887

Best wishes--  HHH, MD