STDs Community
Gonorrhea/Chlamidya

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Gonorrhea/Chlamidya

I'm worried about being infected by gonorrhea /chlamidya. I was told by a sex partner that she is infected by it and I'm checking my self to make sure I'm clean. She was detected with it about three days ago, but I'm confused because I haven't been with her for almost a month (or a little more than that). My question is how long can I have gonorreha/chlamidya for before I feel any symptoms and if I infected her why is she just having her symptoms now ???. I went to get tested and the doctor asked me of all possible symptoms but I'm not feeling any of those (@ all). I also read I can get infected by having unprotected sex and have not had that, I use condom all the time. Can I get it by getting a blow job ??? How long will it take so I can get my results. I was tested yesterday Wed the 17th. The doctor put a stick inside my penis to detec weather I have it or not. what other deseases can he find with it? Thank you very much for your answers and helping me clarify this a little bit before I get my results...
To start the swab he took he would just look for those 2 things. In men symptoms of gonorrhea show up about 90% of the time and chlymida 60% of the time. You can get them from oral sex but that is rare, espically with chlymida.

If your gf is just showing signs of a STD now and you have never had unprotected sex with her, chance is that she recently had sex outside of your relationship. Now it is possible that she could have had this for months but most of the time symptoms will not come on after the first week or two after infection.

While I can't say for sure my guess would be that this is a new infection for her and it did not come from you.

Results can take days to weeks. best advice is to call your Dr's office for the results. Often Dr's do not call if the results are negative.