STDs Community
Gonorrhea: Symptom Disappear

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Gonorrhea: Symptom Disappear

Ok, so two weeks ago I tested positive for gonorrhea and received a shot of Rocephin to get rid of the infection. At the time of the test, I had a milky white discharge from my penis. Almost immediately after the shot, the discharge became clear and I had a lot less. However, it has been exactly two weeks since the injection and I still have a small amount of clear discharge from my penis. Is this normal? Do I need to go back in?
Is always a wise move to go in for a follow up examine. Rocephin is 95-97% effective in treating gonorrhea. Rocephin is a cephelasporin and as far as I know, gonorrhea has not become resistant to cephelasporin drugs. A follow up culture will be a good way to determine that the infection has been fully cleared or if you require more drugs to finish the job.

I recently was infected with gonorrhea and I went in for a follow up per my doctor's orders. I think its a good idea.
i had an unprotected sex 8years ago am i at risk