STDs Expert Forum
Gonorrhea from Blowjob

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Gonorrhea from Blowjob

Doc:  I have Epididimytis according to a urologist but that is getting ahead of myself.

I was originally diagnosed with a possible UTI and perscribed 14 days of levaquin.  did not get better.

I was then given an order for 10 days of bactrim.  Still not better.  I freaked out my main problem is that my testicles are in pain at this point.  while on anti biotics i had sex with my wife 3 times.  Befre the anti biotics i had a blow job on a one night stand that i am not proud of.

Before having sex with my wife i had 2 std tests, both came back negative for Gonnorrhea and Clamydia (chlamydia).  However I was treated with Ceftriaxone and Zithromicin.  After this i was feeling better, and then had sex with my wife again.  I then began to have testicular pain again.

1.  Is it possible that I got Gonorrhea or clamydia (chlamydia) from receiving a blowjob?
2. If yes, could i have passed it to my wife while on those anti biotics?
3. After the 2 courses of anti biotics I had an std test, (2 of them) and they both came back negative.  Could that have been because of the antibiotics, and in fact i was still positive?
4.  If yes then she must have passed it back to me?

THis has been a most frustrating experience to me and I am doing everything to cure this without telling my wife because i made a mistake and love her dearly. please help me.
Many cases of epididymitis are not caused by STDs.  The only STD associated with epididymitis that you could have gotten through oral sex is gonorrhea (chlamydia is almost never found in the throat).  The antibiotics that you received would have cured gonorrhea, chlamydia and most other bacteria many times over.  Thus, I am confident that you no longer have an STD, if you ever did (my guess is that you did not have an STD to start with.  Given the complexity of your situation, I suggest you keep working with your urologist to get this sorted out and treated.  In the meantime, I would not worry about STD, nor having given it to your wife.  Sorry I don't have a better answer.  I hope the answer that this is not an STD is some help.  EWH
i read on the cdc website that gonorrhea is resistent to floroquines now. is it possible that what i had was resistant to floroquines and i should be treated instead with ceftriaxone or sulpram?
If you'd had gonorrhea and had failed treatment the tests would have been positive.  As I said above, I doubt that you had an STD at all.  You do not have gonorrhea which failed therapy.  EWH