STDs Expert Forum
Gonorrhea in the mouth

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Gonorrhea in the mouth

Hello i have been to the hospital and getting tests for STDs because i was affraid of hiv. Im a man.

I had one positive test, wich were gonorrhea in the mouth/throat.

For over to years back i tried to be with a man. It was oral sex, me sucking him without condom - no semen.

In the meanwhile i have been with a women, were i also perform oral sex on her a number of times. I had also normal sex with her, but this was with a condom. I have seen this girl on and off for a year and a half now.

But do you have any idea who had infected me? Who is the most possible?

Also has the gonorrhea any effect on my Hiv test, had three and all negativ (two rapid and one lab duo)?

And how easy is it to infect others when having Gonorrhea in the mouth? - if i kiss (french kiss) others?
Some sya its hard to infect, because it is in the throat, and others say it is easely tranmitted when kissing oc perform oral sex on a woman.

Im worried. Can you help
Welcome to the Forum. you are asking good questions which it will be difficult to provide definitive answers to.  You could have acquired oral gonorrhea either from performing oral sex on a male partner or from performing oral sex on an infected woman. Since oral gonorrhea is typically asymptomatic, there is no way to know how long you were infected or who you got infected from.  In general, it is "easier" to get gonorrhea from oral sex on another man than from oral sex on an infected woman but that in not an absolute and, as I said, you could have become infected from either partner.  

Your oral gonorrhea would not have changed you HIV test results.  as I have told you before, believe you test results. EWH
Thanks for answering.

But would gonorreha of the mouth not typpical go away after 2 years?

And what about the other Q:

How easy is it to infect others when having Gonorrhea in the mouth? - if i kiss (french kiss) others?

Gonorrhea would most likely go away after 2 years.

it is not easy to transmit gonorrhea to others through French kissing.  EWH
Thanks for your answering. This is my last response.

1) i have got a mail from medhelp has written that a David Tinkelman (m.d) has answered me, but i cant find it. Is this a mistake or is it you?

You said throat gonorreha is not easy to get throug french kissing, but if i look on the other answers you and the other doctor, then i can see that it is very very rare to spread (oral) gonorreha to others. Sorry maybe just my poor english, but when you say french kiss is not easy it just sound like.. its a bit common anyway.

And last. Hiv test is hiv test close to 100 % after years. I cant find data that someone has many fals negative test. Is that because it simply not happens?

Good weekend to you.

Please don't worry about the wording or overinterpret it- there is no meaningful risk of gonorrhea here.  

HIV tests are highly reliable.  False negative tests are extraordinarily rare in persons who are tested at any time more than 8 weeks after their exposure. EWH
Sure have a last question. You can just answer yes or no. And im sorry for continuing but just one last question.

When i have gonorreha in the throat and im maybe have got it for the oral sex with a man 2 years ago or maybe the other 4 years ago. Would this not mean that my body has a week immunsystem, and therefor it would maybe not producede antibodies to hiv. And that could mean that my hiv test are not reliable?

Ps: i sometime have a cold (2-3 times a year) but not serious.

Or am i on deep water?

You are really being much too fearful.  Gonorrhea, including gonorrhea of the throat is NOT a sign of a weak immune system and virtually everyone who has HIV develops antibodies.  It is senseless for you to worry that you have HIV and do not make antibodies.  Similarly that you get colds does not mean that you have HIV.  You need to believe your test results.

There will be no further answers.  EWH
Okay it was not that i have gonorrhea in my mouth but that i maybe have got it 2 - 4 years.

But thanks for all your answers. Its good to have a doctor you can write to.