STDs Community
Gonorrhea question for a couple...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Gonorrhea question for a couple...

Recently my dirty penis gave my girlfriend an unusual (to me) but common STD, yepp gonorrhea. we went on medicine   Saturday morning and it is now Monday evening. We took 4 of the 250mg "Z-pack" pills each on Saturday evening. My aunt is a health associate and told me that this would work. We then took 2 more 250mg pills the following morning. My question to you is, are we able to kiss, touch, rub, love, hell even fornicate with each other or is there a waiting period we must endure? and if so, what are the precautions we should take to make sure this will go away permanently?

thanks in advance
-Will & Julia
Did you have an STD test to determine that you had gonorrhoea? The meds you took should work but I'm pretty sure they aren't the recommended therapy to treat gonorrhoea. You need to wait at least 7 days before resuming sexual contact with your girlfriend. Kissing and hugging is fine but I'm sure you can manage 7 days without sex.
I had an STD test prior to us being together 10 days after a friend told me that a girl was dirty that i slept with, but the results came back negative, my aunt said it could be because i did not wait long enough to take the test. My girlfriend also had a test prior to us engaging in sexual intercourse and hers also came out negative. The doctor at the ER prescribed her the Zpack but we didn't have the money so my aunt shipped us 2 packs instead and we kicked it up 2 more pills each as i had 4 left over from when I was sick with the flu earlier this year. So can we sensually kiss or must we keep it to a minimum. And what, in your opinion, is the proper medication to use to get rid of gonorrhea? Thanks again for the quick response!
Having an STD doesn't make you dirty. The recommend therapy for gonorrhoea is an injection of ceftriaxone plus the tablets you already took. So have you actually tested positive for gonorrhoea and had symptoms or are you going off hear say about a previous sex partner? Yes you can kiss as much as you like.
I did get tested 10 days after i had unprotected sex with a good friend's...well was a good friend...girlfriend. My other buddy had told me 7 days after i had intercourse with her that her boyfriend has gonorrhea and i should get checked, he is a CNA and helped him with the testing, so i got checked that following monday and was clear of all STD's but it was only 10 days after i had intercourse with this girl
She had an STD test and it came out positive for gonorrhea if that is what you are asking.
Will -n- Julia
when to get tested for what is listed in our read before posting post on the forum. be sure to repeat your syphilis, herpes, hiv and hepatitis tests at the proper time.

you have not properly treated gonorrhea yet. You should not be engaging in any sexual contact.  go to your local health department for treatment.

grace