STDs Community
Gonorrhea without discharge?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gonorrhea without discharge?

Hi, 26 year old male here (I think I signed up as female and can't find where to change it). I've had burning urine for a week now. It hurts ENORMOUSLY most times that I urinate. It's a bit better when I only drink water, but it will not go away.

5 days ago I went to the doctor. My ONLY symptom has been painful urine. There has not been any penile discharge or any other symptoms. On those grounds, he assumed I did not have gonorrhea and gave me only the treatment for chlamydia (doxycycline, 20 pills for 10 days). It's been 5 days and the pain persists though, even with the doxycycline, which I understand should be very effective if it is in fact chlamydia.

Today I went back to the doctor, and his colleague said I should have been treated for gonorrhea from Day 1 along with the doxy. He gave me a rocephin injection. However, because of the lack of discharge, I feel like he's just guessing at this point, and take my first doctor's word for it that it didn't look like gonorrhea. The urine results haven't come back yet so there is still no diagnosis.

What I'm wondering is if it is possible for it to be gonorrhea, even though there has been no discharge or other symptoms. I'm worried it's not Gon. and that the rocephin isn't going to work. It's so painful and I just want the pain to go away! Thanks.