STDs Community
Gonorrhea
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gonorrhea

Hi, few days ago I have been diagnosed with rectal gonorrhea, as my symptoms included stomach ache, bleeding from the rectal area, pain in the anal area and pus. And I got a single dose tabled of Suprax 400mg (cefixime) which I took. That was two days ago.. Last night I have noticed that there were some improvements , i didn't feel my stomach to be "swollen", nor did I have to go as often to the toilet as I used to before taking Suprax, and the discharge was gone.

But, (I don't know whether this is connected) I made myself some fruit mix apples, bananas, carrots, and oats, and I guess it made a certain reaction in my stomach and I did feel a slight discomfort. This morning (2 days after taking Suprax) my stomach felt a bit "swollen again", and it made me go to the toilet, and my stool wasn't as solid as it is, but with no discharge. An hour or two after that, I again had to go to the toilet, this time the discharge reappeared again on the toilet paper, but I did not have any anal pain.

So I was wondering, could the stomach problems that I have for having my "fruit mix" have affected my Suprax treatment (as I did not have discharge yesterday, the first day of the treatment, but I did today after I took the fruits), or did Suprax yet not start working and it needs few days to clear out the infection for the symptoms to be gone? How long does it usually take after taking Suprax 400 for the symptoms to be gone?

Many questions, I know, but I am quite worried as this is the first time I face with an STD. Many many thanks in advance!
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Doubt anything you ate would have an effect on anything. Medication typically can take 2 weeks for all symptoms to go away. The body expels all the old dead bacteria, so this might be just the body doing that. If no improvement in 2 weeks after medication then follow up with Dr.