Got syphilis a year ago. Cured. But still have sore on penis.
I am a heterosexual male. I had unprotected sex about 1 year ago. A few days later I had a difficult time urinating. It felt blocked up. I also noticed a sore (Chancre? Gumma?) at the head of my penis.

I went to a doctor and tested positive for syphilis. I took antibiotics and refrained from sex since then. Recently I noticed the sore had returned. I went back to the doctor and got another STD test. Nothing was found.

The doctor said I had nothing to worry about. I didn't think to ask him why I still have this sore. I'll go back to him soon to clarify. But I'm hoping someone on this forum can give me an idea about why I still have this sore. It looks like the top layer of my skin has been removed. If I put alcohol on it, it stings. It's been a year and I still have this sore...

So what is it? And can I have sex? I have a date this weekend. But I'm going to cancel it. Any ideas are appreciated.
No clue what it could be, and a syphilis canker doesn't show up for about 21 days after.
I'm starting to think it's a friction burn. It's been a year and it still hasn't completely healed.
Have you shaved recently. I shaved and I got a sore as well turned out to be an ingrown hair