STDs Expert Forum
HBV Over-Vaccination?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

HBV Over-Vaccination?
Good day doctors. I hope I'm posting in the right forum for this. About a year and a half ago I went to a free clinic to get tested for STD's. They told me that according to my PHR I was missing my final two doses of my HBV immunization. I didn't think very much of it at the time since I was always getting shots during my adolescent and teenage years and couldn't keep up with all of them, so I let them give me a shot there and a second follow up one a few months later. However, I found an old immunization record that I kept for school purposes just recently and it stated that I had indeed received three doses and had gotten my last one in 2003, approximately six years before they gave me those two shots at the clinic, meaning that I've gotten a total of five doses. Am I in any danger?
Hepatitis B isn't really classified as an STD, mostly a blood-borne infection -- but it can be sexually transmitted, so this forum is appropriate.

No harm done.  There is no risk of any kind from receiving extra doses of HBV vaccine, or any other vaccine -- except on the health of your wallet, if your health insurance doesn't cover immunizations.

Regards--  HHH, MD
Thanks a ton!