STDs Community
HELP! Educated questions for educated answers from a gal that had a one...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

HELP! Educated questions for educated answers from a gal that had a one night stand.

I regrettably had unprotected sex last night with a man that is probably in a "high-risk" category for STD's. I have many questions concerning testing, treatment, and the likelyhood of contracting anything from him. First off, we had regular sex and both gave eachother oral sex, no anal, but he did pull out and ejaculate on my anus. The entire act including oral lasted no more than 15 minutes, I did not climax, and I did urinate right after we were done. I did not see any visible sores on his mouth or genitals, although the lighting was low, and I got a pretty good look at his overall genital area because he was clean shaven. I did feel some small papules on his penis shaft with my tongue, although they were not visible (in the lighting) with my eyes, nor could I feel them with my hands. He was also regreattably, very small/thin, so it is highly unlikely that the nature of our sex caused any tears to my vagina. I also had just shaved my gentials that morning and have slight irritation of the skin now.

I just had my annual pap smear the morning before the encounter and found out today (about 8 hours later) that I have BV and was prescibed flagyl on a seven day couse. I have read that women with BV are more likely to contract STD's, can you offer any more information on this? Does the pap smear increase the likelyhood of transmission if it caused a small tear or irritation inside my vagina? Will the flagyl that I started taking today, roughly 12 hours after the act possibly treat any STD that I could have contracted (Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Trich, etc) or is it way too soon after possible exposure to do any good? Considering my story, how worried should I be about herpes or gential (genital) warts as they are my biggest fear here?

I am certain that pregnancy will not be an issue because I am on birth control and took emergency contraception for good measure about 15 hours afterwards. I am fairly certain that HIV/AIDS should not be a factor because the man is in the military and they are tested annually, although I still plan to have testing done in the reccommended 3 months to be sure. How long should I wait to get tested for everything else, herpes included? In the meantime, how likely am I to pass an infection aquired yesterday to another partner before your reccommended testing date? Do STD's have a certain incubation period before you can transmit them to another partner? Or is it instantaneous?

Finally overall, given my story, how likely do you think it is that I have contracted anything at all from this one night stand? 1in2, 1in10, 1in50, etc? At this point I am going to die of a heart attack from worry before anything else kills me. I just need someone to tell me the facts so I can wrap my head around it. If you need any additional information please let me know and thank you so much for taking the time to read and respond!

Additional facts: I had the Guardasil 3 series of shots about two years ago. I have never contracted any STD before nor had PID. I have only had 3 sexual partners including this man.
fyi - a pap test shouldn't be done within 72 hours of having sex. something to keep in mind for the future.

was this protected sex?

grace
Thank you for the response! No the sex was not protected, unfortunately. Thanks for the information about pap smears, to clarify I had sex about 18 hours after the pap, does the 72 hour window mean before and after or only before? Thanks again!