STDs Community
HELP! i had sex with a stripper. girl on girl!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hello Doctor,
First off let me say that im a women. i know usually you must get guys asking alot of questions but heres the thing.... m so ashmened and disgusted in myself. This past weekend i went to a gentlemens club (AKA strip club), with my boyfriend and a few friends. Ive been with him for 6 years. So saturday night i said i wanted to get a lap dance you know..just for fun! im not bi or a lesbian or anyhting. so this stripper who i thought was pretty said she would give me a lap dance so i said ok. i couldnt really understand her because she was columbia. she ended up bringing us to the champagin room (which was a first. ididnt know anything about that room, nor did my boyfriend.) ANyways so im really freaking out because one, she put moves on me. she kissed me, pulled off my **** and licked my boobs and then she told me to do it to her. so i did... then she told me to take off my pants...stupid and drunkin me, i did. she went down on me for like 2 minutes then had me to do to her..... i did it for like 3 minutes and stuck my finger in her. after what i realized i did i stopped immediatley and freaked out.. i wanted to throw up. Now its too days later and im emotionally a wreck. this is something i would of NEVER DONE!! ESP with a stripper. it makes me sick to my stomach. i utterly apauled by my actions. i dont know if i can mental handle this. im taking my actions so hard on me. how do i deal with this? and should i get tested for std, hep c, etc?  let me also say that im 25yrs and im very well educated, as i am in my last few months in nursing school. i know the consqeunces and i know that 1 thing could change your life forever. but could you please hep me. i dont know if im overreacting or if this is serious.
Not to sound mean but should you not know the risks and if you should test if your a nursing student?

You had a very low risk encounter, your guilt is the issue here not the STD risk. Your risk was from herpes, syphilis and HPV. All very low risk and if you want to test you can but don't see a real need for it.
Herpes-3 months
Syphilis-6 weeks

I might suggest speaking to a therapist to help you deal with the mental aspect. Your beating yourself up over a mistake made while drunk, it happens. Some people beat themselves up more (like myself thank you anxiety) others just let it roll off them.
Take a deep breath and try and relax. You are overreacting and are being WAY to hard on yourself. You had some drunken fun at a strip club with your bf, it really isn't the end of the world at all. Chalk it up to experience and if it affected you this much just don't do it again. As you my know cunnilingus is a very very low risk event STD wise and wouldn't worry at all from this exposure.
obviously as a nursing student i clearly know that i should get tested, just as a precaution. but its very hard when you know so much about medicine because you think of the worst!. but i want to know from a professional whether or not they think its approitate for me to get tested based on my description and my anxiety. is my anxiety overruling the chnaces of me getting it.

thanks too! for the advice
actually nursing school typically does a really awful job at teaching about std's :(

So what is your real risk? It's very low in general.    we don't even recommend testing unless you develop any obvious genital symptoms. It's not likely you contracted a std orally but should you notice any symptoms orally, be seen and ask for oral swabbing for chlamydia and gonorrhea.  You can get hsv2 orally from performing oral but the risk of such is very low.  Since you also had oral performed on you, your risk is hsv1 genitally, chlamydia and gonorrhea - all are very low. If you need the peace of mind, be seen a week post encounter and get basic urine testing for chlamydia and gonorrhea. should you notice any obvious genital lesions, be seen within 48 hours of the appearance of them for a lesion culture and typing.  Have you ever been tested for herpes before this?  Hpv is also a risk but we don't have commercially available tests to properly cover your oral and genital hpv risk.  have you had your gardasil shots yet?

your anxiety is more of an issue than your actual risk was - it really was that low of a risk from this encounter. It's more the idea of being with a total stranger than anything else for you.

grace
WOW thank you! and yes you are right! in nursing school we talked about it and studied alot about it but unfortnately they never seemed to test on it, seeing how there are more diseases that are more common and life threatening out there.

to answer your questions, yes i have had my gardasil shots, all three. i have been tested for all std in the past. Even when i go to the gyn they still test me for the chylm and gonh.

I dont want ANYONE on here, thinking im this *****. Im a real person, who is educated and im not off the streets. im not a huge party animal either, ive been with my boyfriend for 6 years and i never slept around with a million people. Ive only had sex with 4 people in my life. And i plan on marrying my boyfriend. so i know i dont carry any diseases.

but overall grace thank you!!!!!

we all end up here for a reason - not like vance and I are the proverbial vestal virgins....lol  there is never a reason to feel bad about posting here - it's what the forum is for - support and education while getting an evaluation of your risk :)  

Like I said, not likely you contracted anything but if you need the peace of mind, get the urine testing at week 1. If anything, bv or yeast vaginitis might show up from the oral you received, not a std.