STDs Expert Forum
HERPES??
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HERPES??

FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE DOCTORS HERE FOR WHAT THEY DO TO HELP PEOPLE OUT, THIS REALLY IS A GREAT SITE!!

MY CONCERN IS THAT I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX 7-8 TIMES WITH A WOMEN ABOUT 2-3 WEEKS AGO AT ONE POINT MY PENIS SLIPPED OUT AND HIT HER PELVIC BONE WHICH CAUSE ABOUT 2 BLACK AND BLUE MARKS THE FOLLOWING DAY AND WENT AWAY IN ANOTHER DAY OR TWO. PRIOR TO SEX I HAD ASKED HER ABOUT ANY STD'S SHE SAID NO AND THAT SHE IS CLEAN. ABOUT 1 WEEK AFTER LAST CONTACT I BEGAN TO HAVE A TINGLING (SORT OF LIKE A VIBRATION) THAT WAS ON MY PENIS. IT WOULD COME AND GO, ON AND OFF FOR 6 DAYS. WENT TO MY DOC THIS PAST WEDNESDAY SAID NOT TO WORRY ABOUT IT AS LONG AS NOTHING SHOWED UP AND THAT I MAY BE A NERVE THAT WAS DAMAGED OR SORE .  IT WOULD ALSO STOP IF I WOULD MOVE, REARRANGE MYSELF, ETC... SO I REALLY DIDNT WORRY TOO MUCH. NOW THIS MORNING I NOTICED A TINY PIMPLE AT THE BASE ON MY PENIS. IT IS SMALL AND DOES NOT HURT. I POPPED IT AND THERE WAS A LITTLE PUS THAT CAME OUT THEN IT BLEED FOR A SEC.  NOW IM WORRIED THAT IT MIGHT BE HERPES.   I HAVE BEEN READING ABOUT HERPES AND THE "WARNING SIGNS AND PRODROME"  BUT I AM CONFUSED. I HAD A HERPES TEST DONE EARLIER THIS YEAR AND IT WAS NEG. THIS WOMEN IS THE FIRST PERSON I HAVE BEEN WITH SINCE, SO HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS

1.WOULD AN INITIAL HEREPS OUTBREAK CAUSE THE TINGLING I DESCRIBE ON AND OFF FOR 6 DAYS OR IS THAT FOR RECURRENT CASES ONLY ASSOCIATED WITH PRODROME?

2. DOES A SMALL PIMPLE SOUND LIKE AN INITIAL HEREPS OUTBREAK?

3. WHAT (IF YOU KNOW) ARE THE CHANCES OF ASYMPOTAMIC HEREPS AND THE CHANCES THAT YOU CAN CATCH HERPES FROM THE EXPOSURES I DESCRIBE.  

I AM VERY WORRIED THAT SHE MAY HAVE HERPES BUT HAS NEVER HAD ANY SYMPTOMS, SO SHE MAY NOT KNOW THAT.  IM AFRAID THIS IS WHAT I HAVE CAUGHT AND I AM PRAYING THAT I AM WRONG.
ANY ADVISE OR THOUGHTS WOULD BE GREAT AND AGAIN THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP.

RT